The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading the sourcing of direct raw materials, indirect materials, RCV, equipment, goods, and services and managing vendors. This position will lead reliable and cost-effective supply chain strategies to deliver the materials, equipment, supplies and service to the manufacturing and business operations of ProFusion Industries. This position works closely with Manufacturing, Technical, Quality, and Engineering and reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees all aspects of the purchasing department.
- Proactively identifies and executes cost-saving strategies and opportunities.
- Performs cost and scenario analysis.
- Assesses, manages, and mitigates risk.
- Leads vendor/supplier selection and maintains key working relationships for raw materials, supplies and capital equipment.
- Develops and executes purchasing strategies, including optimizing raw material inventory levels to balance working capital investment vs operational service levels.
- Negotiates with strategic suppliers/vendors for optimal
- Works with vendors to maintain and/or improve services.
- Seeks and partners with reliable vendors/suppliers.
- In conjunction with technical and operations, identifies and sources new technologies and capabilities to support new business development initiatives.
- Review standard pricing updates.
- Manages direct reports in purchasing department.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, accounting, logistics or business administration.
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Three (3) + years demonstrated experience working in Procurement/Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment. Plastics manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles including Kaizen and 5S preferred.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good grammar and diction. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Technical Product Specialist
ProFusion Industries, a highly regarded provider of transit step treads and transit flooring, custom specialty film products and protective linings is seeking a Technical Product Specialist at its ISO 9000 certified Marietta, Ohio manufacturing facility. This position reports to the Technical Director.
- Lead the facility’s efforts for developing new products from concept to commercialization, utilizing stage gate methodology.
- Work with Business Development and Sales/Marketing teams to understand customer requirements and key values to define new product opportunities, all the while incorporating ProFusion Industries’ technology to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers to define functional product performance requirements and translate them into product requirements and commercialize sales.
- Lead the development through plant trial and manufacturing hand off.
- Communicate strategy and results to the team.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Operations, and Quality departments to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing processes and assist in resolution of problems as required.
- Value and exercise excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a willing participant in other projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and/or Polymer Science preferred, with specialization in product and/or process development.
- Plastic formulation experience preferred in TPO, TPU, PVC, and other thermoplastic polymers.
- Knowledge of extrusion and/or calendering processes preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in being detail-oriented, organizing work, setting priorities and working in a team environment.
- Strong work and personal ethics.
- Deal effectively with company personnel at all levels.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
ProFusion Industries is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.