Technical Development Specialist
ProFusion Industries, a highly regarded provider of transit step treads and transit flooring, custom specialty film products and protective linings is seeking a Technical Development Specialist at its ISO 9000 certified Marietta, Ohio manufacturing facility. This position reports to the Technical Director.
- Lead the facility’s efforts for developing new products from concept to commercialization, utilizing stage gate methodology.
- Work with Business Development and Sales/Marketing teams to understand customer requirements and key values to define new product opportunities, all the while incorporating ProFusion Industries’ technology to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers to define functional product performance requirements and translate them into product technical specifications.
- Communicate strategy and results to the team.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Operations, and Quality departments to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing processes and assist in resolution of problems as required.
- Value and exercise excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a willing participant in other projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and/or Polymer Science preferred, with specialization in product and/or process development.
- Plastic formulation experience preferred in PVC, TPO, TPU.
- Demonstrated knowledge of extrusion and/or calendering processes.
- Demonstrated skill in being detail-oriented, organizing work, setting priorities and working in a team environment.
- Strong work and personal ethics.
- Deal effectively with company personnel at all levels.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
ProFusion Industries is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.