ProFusion Industries, a highly regarded provider of transit step treads and transit flooring, custom specialty film products and protective linings is seeking a Quality Manager at its Marietta, Ohio manufacturing facility.
The Quality Manager is responsible for administration of the Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with ISO 9001:2015, corresponding internal/external audits, and other related activities.
This position will have ongoing interaction with customers to resolve quality issues, and work directly with production supervisors and operators, analyzing manufacturing processes for improvement opportunities utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other methodologies. This position also leads the Quality Assurance team.
• Serves as the primary quality assurance for all issues pertaining to the quality of the product from incoming inspection of supplier’s material to the final inspection of products.
• Interfaces with suppliers and customers concerning problems with quality assurance and ensure that effective corrective action is implemented.
• Designs, documents, and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
• Serves as the primary quality assurance resource to department supervisors for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
• Coordinates and supervises internal audits and related activities.
• Travels to customer sites as required to discuss product issues.
• Facilitates management reviews of the quality system.
• Follows up on and closes pending preventive and corrective action requests.
• Ensures that organizational systems and training is in place.
• Prepares organization for external ISO 9001:2015 audits.
• Ensures that documentation and design controls are appropriate for the organization.
• Administers document control and configuration management system.
• Oversees established calibration and testing program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a science related technical field.
• Five (5) + years of quality assurance experience in manufacturing, combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality engineer or manager, and satisfying customer demands.
• Experience with ISO 9001, preferably in a plastics manufacturing facility.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills; able to work in a team environment.
• Six-sigma Green Belt certification (preferred). If the candidate lacks current certification, must be willing to pursue.
ProFusion Industries is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.