The Purchasing Manager is responsible for leading the sourcing of direct raw materials, indirect materials, RCV, equipment, goods, and services and managing vendors. This position will lead reliable and cost-effective supply chain strategies to deliver the materials, equipment, supplies and service to the manufacturing and business operations of ProFusion Industries. This position works closely with Manufacturing, Technical, Quality, and Engineering and reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees all aspects of the purchasing department.
- Proactively identifies and executes cost-saving strategies and opportunities.
- Performs cost and scenario analysis.
- Assesses, manages, and mitigates risk.
- Leads vendor/supplier selection and maintains key working relationships for raw materials, supplies and capital equipment.
- Develops and executes purchasing strategies, including optimizing raw material inventory levels to balance working capital investment vs operational service levels.
- Negotiates with strategic suppliers/vendors for optimal
- Works with vendors to maintain and/or improve services.
- Seeks and partners with reliable vendors/suppliers.
- In conjunction with technical and operations, identifies and sources new technologies and capabilities to support new business development initiatives.
- Review standard pricing updates.
- Manages direct reports in purchasing department.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, accounting, logistics or business administration.
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Three (3) + years demonstrated experience working in Procurement/Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment. Plastics manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles including Kaizen and 5S preferred.
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good grammar and diction. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.